Philanthropic response to the war in Ukraine
As the crisis unfolds, Candid is continuously providing updates on philanthropic efforts to support the people of Ukraine.
3,116 grants worth $1,724,611,355
Candid collects data in real-time on funding provided in response to the crisis in Ukraine. This spreadsheet is updated as information is made public.
In addition to grants, we have tracked 195 pledges worth $1,209,789,480.
Funders can share their grants data with us by emailing [email protected].
These organizations represent a sampling of many that are offering support for Ukraine.
About this page
The page updates automatically as data and news are added to our database. The data is derived from news articles and other sources that we regularly scan for relevant information and funders who directly share their funding data with us. We code the data according to our taxonomy.
Please direct media inquiries to Adia Colar, Communications and Outreach Manager, at [email protected].
In an effort to avoid duplication of existing lists and resources, we are sharing lists from umbrella philanthropy and nonprofit-serving organizations. Additionally, archived
- Philanthropy News Digest’s archive of news articles relating to Ukraine.
- Council on Foundations is providing a frequently updated list of resources and response funds meant to guide philanthropic response to the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
- Kellea Miller, executive director of Human Rights Funders Network (HRFN), and Rachel Thomas, director of research initiatives at HRFN, author this op-ed discussing the need for greater human rights-based funding in Ukraine and other crises. (May 22, 2023)
- Philea, Philanthropy Europe Association, has published a Philanthropy Statement of solidarity and support to the people of Ukraine. (February 24, 2023)
- An op-ed by Alex Toma, executive director of Peace and Security Funders Group, calling for a commitment by philanthropy to deeper, more strategic funding upon the first anniversary of the war in Ukraine. (February 23, 2023)